Unilab is a specialized microbiology laboratory equipped to provide services to specialties of the medical field where ever the cause of an infection may be due to a virus, a bacterium, a parasite or a fungus.
The diagnosis of an infection may be either as a result of the isolation of the particular infecting agent or the study of its antibody-antigen reactions.
A correct result which can be proven beneficial to the patient depends very much on the suitability of the sample sent to the laboratory and hence whenever in doubt, Unilab will always provide information or the material for the correct collection of specimens.
Below listed are the major categories of clinical manifestations that Unilab can deal with:
- PUO ( pyrexia of unknown origin)
- UPPER & LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS
- EYE INFECTIONS
- INVESTIGATION OF ATYPICAL PNEUMONIAS
- PERITONITIS & OTHER INTRA-ABDOMINAL INFECTIONS
- URINARY TRACT INFECTIONS
- CARDIOVASCULAR INFECTIONS
- CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM INFECTIONS
- GASTRO-INTESTINAL INFECTIONS & FOOD POISONING
- SKIN AND SOFT TISSUE INFECTIONS
- BONE & JOINT INFECTIONS
- DISEASES OF THE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM & SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES
- OBSTETRIC, PERINATAL AND NEONATAL INFECTIONS
- PRECONCEPTUAL & ANTI NATAL SCREENS