MARIELLA KASAPI - BSc, MSc
- DEPUTY QUALITY MANAGER - In charge for the implementation and documentation of the ISO 15189 and ISO 17025 Quality System
- DIRECTOR OF BIOCHEMISTRY & HAEMATOLOGY - Clinical section
1979 – 1982 BSc Biochemistry (Licence de Biochimie - Mention Assez Bien), University Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
1983 – 1984 MSc Biochemistry & Certificate of Organic Chemistry (MSc Chemistry)
1984 – 1985 Medical Representative - M.P. Michaelides Ltd
1985 – 1986 Hadassah Medical Hospital, Israel
November – January: Department of Clinical Biochemistry.Participation in all activities of the laboratory, including the Beckman Astra – 4 analyzer, the Centrifuchem Centrifugal analyzer, as well as Enzyme analysis and Electrophoresis analysis
February – April: Department of Clinical Microbiology. Participation in all aspects of the laboratory. Worked on gram – stains and cultures of specimens taken from sputum, wounds, throats, stools and urine. Performed sensitivity testing on organisms that were isolated. Variety of serological diagnostic methods.
November 1986 – 1996: Owner of a Clinical Laboratory dealing with all fields
Of the laboratory practice such as Biochemistry, Haematology, Micobiology, RadioImmunoassays, Immunology, (Certificate of Registration for Clinical Laboratories given by the Cyprus Government 1992)
November 1996-To date: M.P.N. UNILAB LTD – NICOSIA
Formation of the partnership M.P.N. Unilab Ltd with another colleague of complimenting specialities.
UNILAB is a fully automated laboratory able to carry out
large scale of clinical and non clinical testing. Main Areas of specialization: Haematology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Microbiology & others. (Certificate of Registration for Clinical Laboratories given by the Government of Cyprus 1998). UNILAB was the first Clinical Laboratory in Cyprus to be accredited by the Standard EN 45001 which later involved to ISO 17025 and now for the Clinical Laboratories the specialized standard ISO 15189. Since 1999 I have been the Technical Manager for Biochemistry & Haematology fields. UNILAB is an Accredited lab for both Clinical testing by ISO 15189:2012 and Non Clinical testing by ISO 17025:2005 for Food and Water Analysis.
- Former member of the board of the Cyprus Directors Association of Clinical Laboratories.
- Member of the Greek Society of Clinical Chemistry – Biochemistry.
- Member of the Pancyprian Association of Chemistry.
- Member of the Cyprus Scientists Association of Clinical Laboratories.
- Former member of the Technical Committees of the Cyprus Accreditation Body (CYSAB = ΚΟΠΠ)
- Registered member as EurClinChem (European Specialist in Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine) Reg.No. 2380/11 - (EFCC) à E C4 Register Commission
- NEW YORK, 25th of May, 2015 – MPN UNILAB LTD AWARDED WITH THE QUALITY SUMMIT NEW YORK 2015, GOLD AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE AND BUSINESS PRESTIGE – In recognition of the continuous search for quality demonstrated by the achievement of ongoing development and innovation applied to solutions which create business results.
- Greek (mother language)
- Fluent in French
- Fluent in English